On December 5th away from home, the Terriers were beaten by the Great Danes, 77-73.
A note about the matchup: Last year, Albany beat St. Francis (NY) 76-64.
Albany overpowered St. Francis (NY) in defensive rebounding and free throw shooting. Albany created too many possession changes, with a total of 29 defensive rebounds to only 16 by St. Francis (NY). The Great Danes threw in 20 points off free throws compared to six from the Terriers.
Travis Nichols was the leading scorer against the Great Danes with 21 points on 66% shooting in 27 minutes. Brent Jones led everyone with six assists. The Terriers now find themselves at 2-4 and looking for answers. Furthermore, they've now lost 4 out of their last 5 games.
Up next is Boston College on the road on December 8th.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes:
- In 100% of losses this season, St. Francis (NY) has recorded 73 or fewer total points.
- St. Francis (NY) has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 6 games this season.
- St. Francis (NY) has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 7 or fewer steals.
- Ben Mockford has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Jacob Iati's career.
- Blake Metcalf has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 9 games this season.
- Mike Black has led the team in scoring 7 times in 9 games this season.
- Blake Metcalf accounted for 35.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Blake Metcalf recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Travis Nichols
, Brent Jones