The 2012-2013 season opens for St. Francis (NY) basketball with a game against Lafayette on November 9 in Easton. From that first game on, the Terriers will attempt to match the expectations set by last season's squad. They keep a group that played 76% of last season's minutes and will look to make up the rest with the contributions of only one incoming freshman.
The largest gap to fill for St. Francis (NY) will be on offense, as the team lost 34.9% of their assists. That's followed closely by three-point shooting, where they lost 31.7% of last season's numbers.
Last season, St. Francis (NY) finished with a final overall record of 15-14 and were 4th in the NEC with a conference record of 12-6. In the postseason, the Terriers were booted from the NEC tournament by Quinnipiac, 80-72. St. Francis (NY) lost last year's seniors Stefan Perunicic (29 minutes per game) and Justin Newton (18 MPG).
The Terriers bring back junior Ben Mockford (11.8 points/game), sophomore Jalen Cannon (8.0 points/game), senior Dre Calloway (3.4 assists/game), senior Akeem Johnson (11.3 points/game), and sophomore Brent Jones (3.9 assists/game).
The Terriers recruited one freshman, 6-2 Anthony White. The team also gets 6-4 junior Aleksandar Isailovic. The first NEC game for St. Francis (NY) will be on January 3rd at Quinnipiac.
Tags: Stefan Perunicic
- Since 2002, St. Francis (NY) has an overall winning percentage of 40.7%.
- The Terriers have an average conference finish of 6.6 over the last 5 seasons. Over the past 16 the team has an average finish of 5.3.
- The average final RPI (last year) of opponents on this year's schedule is 214.6.
- This year's opponent with the highest RPI from last year is Illinois (#82).
- This year's opponent with the lowest RPI from last year is Bryant (#340).
, Justin Newton
, Ben Mockford
, Jalen Cannon
, Dre Calloway
, Akeem Johnson
, Brent Jones
, Anthony White
, Aleksandar Isailovic